Free Casino Games
You’ll be happy to learn that not all online casino games require you to deposit money in order to play. In fact, most online casinos (including all of our recommended casinos) give Australian players the option to play free casino games in their demo play or free play mode.
Playing for free is a great way to try new games whilst on a learning curve. Plus, since not all online casinos are created equal – it pays to make sure you are happy with the software first, before going through the rigmarole of registering a real money account and making a deposit.
For a taste of free play, try top casino games for free at one of our recommended casinos below.
Best free play casinos
How to play free casino games
Playing online casino games for free is actually very easy. Whilst you won’t win money in doing so, you will get a real sense of the game, and a taste of the earnings that could be yours! To play online casino games free of charge, simply:
- Visit one of our recommended casinos’ websites and look for a button on their homepage that says something like ‘Instant play’ or ‘Play now’. Or, if you choose to download and install the software (more on that below), there will generally be an option for ‘Demo play’ or ‘Fun mode’. At most casinos you won’t need to register an account or give your details for free/demo play. But if you do, don’t worry about it. At all of our recommended Australian casinos, your information is always safe and secure.
- Once the free play mode is enabled you will be given a play chip balance to use at any free games on offer. There will still be the same betting patterns as with the real money games, but it will be made obvious that your bets are coming from your play money balance. This is a great way to familiarise yourself with a game’s operation – such as how to bet chips on a roulette game, or the various payouts of a pokies machine.
- When you win, any winnings are added to your balance in the form of play credits, which you can keep amassing. This too is an accurate simulation of the workings of real money play.
- However, the best part of playing without depositing in demo play mode? Unlike when playing for real money, when you run out of play money you can just top it up by going to your account options and choosing ‘Recharge play money’! On the other hand, when you do amass money, you’ll realize how much you could ACTUALLY be winning.
Note, if you like to play casino games for free, you can also look for a no deposit bonus or a free spins no deposit offer when joining a casino. This is another great way to really minimise your risk. Then, once you’re confident in your abilities and the way the software works, you can move to a real money account, and try your luck for a real payoff!
Recommended free games
One of the great benefits of online casinos is that they allow you to play almost all (if not all) of their casino games for free. That alone is a huge benefit to playing online.
Some examples of hugely popular games you can play for free at our recommended online casinos for Australian players include:
- The Batman themed ‘The Dark Knight’ pokie
- Lara Croft’s Tomb Raider
Download vs. instant play
As mentioned above, there are two ways to play for free at most online casinos. You can either download the client software or play directly in your browser using their Flash casino. This second option is often called “instant play”, because it is instantly available from your web browser. Note that not all online casinos offer this option, but most of the big reputable ones including all of our recommended casinos do.
The differences in instant play vs. download play for free games are exactly the same as for regular, money wagering play.
Advantages of instant play:
- You don’t have to wait for the software to download before playing
- You can access the casino and play the games you want on any computer, including computers on which you may not be able to download and install files (say at work or at an internet café)
Advantages of download play:
- Often a larger variety of games are offered
- Smoother game play as the software is sitting on your computer, and not reliant on your internet connection
- Some offers (like free spins at some casinos) can only be claimed from the download software
The truth is, you don’t really have to decide. A single casino account can be used for both forms of play. This usually includes free mode as well.
Playing free casino games is a great way to familiarise yourself with a game and hone your skills, before placing a real money wager. If you’re interested in trying free games for yourself, check out the free play options at one of our recommended casinos such as Emu Casino today. Then once you’re ready, move on to real money mode. Whilst free is fun, only real money winnings give you the true thrill of gaming.